Fall is my favourite time of year because there are just so many fun ways to celebrate the season. Cosy sweaters, spooky decorations, apple picking, and of course, the beloved Pumpkin Spice Latte. Unfortunately, I've been unable to drink the Starbucks classic for a few years now due to a dairy allergy, so I was stoked to try out this at-home recipe (which has supereasy vegan substitutes) by Gimme Some Oven, and I gotta tell you, it rocks.
The real pumpkin puree is the star of the show, and there are no fussy ingredients to make this, which is a huge win, too. It's also a superquick recipe, which is perfect for me and my short attention span in the morning. I topped my finished drink with some coco whip and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and slurped it down in minutes.
In this transition weather period where many of us are ready for fall but the temperatures aren't quite cooperating yet, this iced latte satisfies the urge for a fall drink without causing us to break into a sweat.
- 2 shots of espresso (or 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee)
1 cup of milk of your choice
1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons maple syrup (add more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pinch of fine sea salt
Optional (but highly recommended): whipped cream, or nondairy whip
1. Add all ingredients to blender, then pulse until the coffee is fully combined and frothy.
2. Add handful of ice to a glass of your choice and pour over the blended drink.
3. Add extra sweetener if desired.
4. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, and enjoy!
- One Latte
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds